Friday, April 29, 2005

From top of the world to down in the dumps

Been thinking of blogging again for the past few days. Just couldn't make it between work, school and family. And ofcourse, TV!! This week started out as crappily as it ever could. And it wasn't that anything had gone wrong. It was all "in my mind". I just didn't want to return to work, or to studies for that matter. Finals are fast approaching so I should have studied over the weekend, but I didn't. Which, I guess, was why I felt the week wasn't going as I wanted it to. But things started improving slowly. First I had a practice exam for CCNA exam 1 on Tuesday and I HADN'T studied a word for it. And I scored 82% on it!! Better still, my score was better than that of others who had (supposedly) been studying. About 15% higher than theirs at that! But being the "grown-up" that I unfortunately am, I couldn't brag about it, could I? And since I have already cleared the actual exam (last year) I thought it was no big deal. Then I started feeling blue again because I hadn't studied for the next practice exam (CCNA 2) either and it was due on Thursday. I'd say one thing though - I could have not taken the exam but I am no quitter! I took it and guess what? I scored 84% this time, again 15% higher than the rest of the class :D I can't stop grinning now. Feel like bragging too - but will hold off on that for now.

11:30 am: Had to take a break to drop my daughter off at school. So, I was on the top of the world today. Nothing could spoil my mood. Or so I thought. My daughter had a dermatologist's appointment this morning just get a small rash checked and get a "she can attend school" note. Did that. Went to school. Presented the note to the nurse who got upset saying how could the doctor have allowed her to return to school when she hadn't even been on any medication for 24 hours as the school policy requires. So I reminded her that the school policy also states that a note from the doctor allows her to return to school (which we had) and that my daughter had already been on medication for over a week (its a suspected ring-worm rash and yes, I do believe that parents should not put other children at risk by sending their sick kids to school but this wasn't such a scenario because she is already being treated for it). I also mentioned that she was seeing a homeopath (I and DH have great FAITH in homoeopathy) for the rash and was ALSO undergoing allopathic treatment for it. I got lectured at for 15 straight minutes about how we shouldn't jeopardize our kids' lives by failing to take these problems seriously. Hello? I said she IS getting treatment! But no - what she meant was we were playing with her life by consulting a homeopath. So here I am now - FUMING. I don't use "cuss-words". I take pride in the fact. But if there ever was a moment when I wanted to use them, and a LOT of them, it is now! Problem is I don't know any. I mean I do, but what I need right now is that heavy-duty stuff that would make you want to wash your mouth with soap later. Anyway, just writing about this had made me feel better. Thank goodness for blogs!!

5:30 pm: Here I am again. Had to stop blogging to do some work:P Now I am feeling much better - having vented in this blog AND with my friend over the phone. She is a lifesaver! I think I would be a VERY depressed, tortured, tormented, restless soul if it were not for this friend's sympathetic ear to every one of my "vents". God bless her! I think everyone should have atleast one such friend (its better if you have a few more as a backup plan). People would be a little less stressed out (keeping your feelings bottled IN is stressful, I believe) and a little more relaxed. Ciao everyone! I am off to have a relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?