Funny how mundane can comfort you. Specially, when you have been on your toes for the past many months. Just running from one obligation to another. Meeting deadlines, creating new ones, missing a few but trying to be on time for every meeting, class, school activity, field trip, volunteering work and all last-minute parties that pop up. After all this, the prospect of spending the whole weekend laundering, cleaning, cooking and vacuuming is VERY inviting. That is what I meant by having a “relaxing” weekend and that is what I had. Didn’t even bother to study for the much-dreaded finals looming up ahead. Haven’t submitted a lot of labs at all lately – but didn’t even bother to work on them. This is how good my weekend was :D
OK. Its Monday now and I still haven’t posted this. Weekend, as I wrote earlier, was gooooooooooooood. We went out for dinner. Its an Italian place – Bertucci’s. I wish we had an Olive Garden around here. Heard they were coming to our town because of the increasing demand. Spent the whole Sunday afternoon doing laundry. Boy, did THAT feel good! (To have clean clothes at last :D) Will spend the whole week ironing them now. I know I sound crazy going ga-ga over such boring tasks. But believe me, I have been so busy lately, I look forward to the ironing as that would also give me a chance to
1) Think,
2) Stay in front of the idiot box without feeling guilty, and
3) NOT study (Not that I do anyway, but still….)
Tuesday: So, it will be some time before I can publish this blog since my DSL connection is on the blink. UUUURRRRRRGH!! Just got off the phone after telling my woes to yet another tech support. Told her if this problem is not solved this time, I am going to cable. Lets see if I can actually carry out the threat. Whatever the problems with DSL, I think they don’t try to con me into paying more like cable guys. The cable company is regularly coming up with new ways everyday to line their pockets.
Wednesday: I tried to troubleshoot the connection yesterday and WAS able to get connected but today its down again. Thought I should study a little before blogging and after about 20 minutes of studying the connection went down. I know whenever we get on the phone the DSL somehow gets disconnected. But why? No idea. Have had atleast 4 technician visits and they couldn’t figure it out either. Have another one of these visits scheduled for tomorrow. Meanwhile, life is peaceful here…..
No new post?
ReplyDeleteelf: yeah - silly huh? Actually I refrain from picking up my books to avoid studying :D
ReplyDeleteAnumita: Sorry - got caught up in final exams and then the new job. But glad to know that you and elf did visit my blog. I thought no one did :(