Friday, February 10, 2012

An Indian woman's dilemma

I’ve felt the rage
that made me bare my fangs.
I’ve been filled
with love’s bitter pangs.
I’ve been to the end
of despair and back,
and then I saw a door
open just a crack.

I got a glimpse of
what my life could be.
I thought of the loved ones,
and then I thought of me.
They don’t go together,
the thoughts of me and them.
Oh how I wish I were
the selfish kind of fem!

The door that opened
and called out to me,
showed me the dreams
of a long-lost younger me.
I took a step to it,
and another.
Then I remembered I'm a
daughter, wife and mother.

I long for an answer,
whatever it may be.
It would be nice to have
an end to the agony.
But I don’t think I can
take it anymore.
I think I’m just  gonna
have to shut the door.

2 comments:

  1. And how are you doing, Cee Kay?

    I loved the poem but it worried me just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing good, Y. Thanks hon. Parts of the poem kinda sorta reflect a current dilemma (nothing too serious) but the other parts are about what I went through about a decade ago. Thankfully my life is nothing like that now.

    Congratulations again, on the new book. When is it going to be out?

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?