Friday, December 02, 2011

'sup?!

I know I have been AWOL. For a very long time. I tried convincing myself that it was okay because, really! Who really reads my blog anymore? I tried telling myself that I really write only for myself - and that IS true. I am not catering to the readers of my blog. I don't mean that as an insult - all I mean is that I write what I want to write about and do not worry about what will "sell". Maybe I could write on topics that generate discussion to get more readership.

Well, coming back to the topic - I tried telling myself that no one is really reading my blog. But every time I visit my own blog, I see the follower count stuck at 44. I come in expecting to see it going down steadily but am amazed to see it at the same number every time. And that has started making me feel guilty about not posting. So here I am with an update on what's going on with me :)

S turned 13 this year. She has grown taller than me. She is getting better and better at playing her violin and at gymnastics. And she will be going to high school next year. That last bit is giving me panic attacks, but that is not the only thing causing panic. I have gone back to school too. For years I waited to either save enough money to get a MBA degree or to find a company that would help me pay for it. Well, finally I got hired at a company that provides tuition assistance to its employees. I started this fall. Also took the GMAT and stressed out terribly over it, scored a 680 after studying for about a week, submitted my score, transcripts, personal essay and references and waited with bated breath for a decision from the admission committee. Received the acceptance letter two days ago. PHEW!!

M is four and a half now. FOUR AND A HALF!!!! How long has it been since I posted ANY updates on her? I don't remember when I posted about her last. I know that is terrible but I couldn't really do anything about it. Life was just a whirlwind of family visits, get-togethers with friends, school, work and...  well, life.

So that's it. How have you all been? I hope to be more regular here but I don't really know what I will be writing about. Maybe you guys could help me out? Leave me post suggestions in the comments if you can spare a few minutes for that.

Oh and one final update - I have started contributing parenting articles at Mom & Me. Please do visit and check my posts out. I will be posting an article every week (well, hopefully). I do sincerely want to get regular with posting there, Women's Web, Stage of Life and on this blog. Lets hope it works out in addition to school, work, family and our busy social calendar.


2 comments:

  1. I read :P
    I just don't comment.

    I'm so glad you're writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back :) I am going thru' the quiet phase right now. Can't bring myself to write :( Mine started high school this year and I can totally relate to how you feel. But it has been an interesting experience!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?