Monday, May 02, 2011

The day mommy was left speechless

M: Mommy, why do we have fingers?
Me: To grab things, to tickle someone.

M: Why do we have hands?
Me: To garb things, to grab mommies and daddies and big sisters.

M: Why do we have arms?
Me: To hug mommies, daddies and sisters.
M: And brothers?
Me: Yes. And grandparents and friends.
M: And BOYS!
Me: ................................

9 comments:

  1. She is already there... LOL, is this your younger one? Jeez kids grow up too fast..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Nice one! How old is this cherub?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone! I am so very sorry for not replying to your comments earlier. Lets just say that I was trying to be the eye of a hurricane - a picture of peace and calm while everything around me was spinning out of control :D I kinda succeeded too.

    Sumana: yes this is M, the 4 year old. She wasn't 4 yet, when I wrote this post, though.

    Rohini: Don't sound so happy. It'll be your turn with such stories soon :) *evil cackle*

    Starry, Vidya: Thanks :) She was 3 when this conversation happened. I don't know what prompted this because we definitely don't talk about boyfriends and girlfriends. But we certainly do enjoy such quips from them ;)

    Amuser, weourlife, suburbanmumma: :D

    Dipali: Yes indeed. Why not?! :)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?