Thursday, April 28, 2011

Midlife crisis

I have been feeling a disconnect from everything I cherish in my life. I feel I just go through motions to get through the day, week, month. Have been feeling this way for some time now. Is this midlife crisis? If it is, then it is going to be a long one - because I don't think I am middle aged yet.

This is not fair though. Men get to have affairs and buy motorcycles and women get hot flashes and begin brooding over life's bigger questions? 

5 comments:

  1. I feel similarly in phases - sort of, so I empathize. I do try and break my regular routine then - by doing something entertaining (movie-binging for me) in the middle of the week - hard with my work schedule, or freshen up - get a facial/hair-cut. Also work-out, if possible every day - and I don't like working out, but it helps. Even just plain yoga, or walks/stretches should help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel similarly in phases - sort of, so I empathize. I do try and break my regular routine then - by doing something entertaining (movie-binging for me) in the middle of the week - hard with my work schedule, or freshen up - get a facial/hair-cut. Also work-out, if possible every day - and I don't like working out, but it helps. Even just plain yoga, or walks/stretches should help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rohini, JLT: Thanks for the hugs. They helped :) Sorry for the very late reply.

    Amodini: I went ahead and found a walking buddy. We walk during our lunch break everyday and provide each other with the much needed therapy :) Sorry for the very late reply.

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?