po-to-to! No matter how hard mommy tries to get me to say to-may-to, I still call it po-to-to. We'll see who gives up first. Don't tell mom, but I think she is secretly enjoying this mispronunciation because I don't see her making that much of an effort to correct me either. Ah, but I take after her in stubborn-ness too. Maybe that is why she has kinda sorta given up on teaching me such things. Or maybe she thinks I am too little to be burdened with formal learning. I'll show her!! I already went ahead and learned to count from 1 to 8 all on my own. That should teach her not to underestimate me!
I know she stopped typing updates on me. Lazy bum!! Nothing gets done around here if I am not around to do it. That reminds me - mom and dad have been on my case recently. They just don't get it that I need to do everything by myself. Even if I can't actually do it. Like, opening a door. I haven't quite mastered the act of twisting the door knob to open the door but who wants to worry about silly details anyway?? I want to open the door myself and that is final!! Now, if you try to be helpful and open the door for me, I am NOT going to be responsible for your eardrums. OKAY? Okay!
By the way, don't you say anything about my hair - or lack thereof. Mom and dad are into things like mundan-shundan. Sigh!! I do miss my silken curly locks and that is why I used to pester nani to make my "choti". She was the only one who could get it done. Mom dad keep telling me I need longer hair for a choti but nani never made a fuss. She would strategically place a rubber band on my head and if I walked carefully, the rubber band stayed on my head and I looked really pretty. Once nani even put two rubber bands around my ears and boy, did I look pretty!!!!
Speaking of nani - she is THE BEST PLAYMATE ever!! And the best copy-catter! We played in the backyard together and I will forever cherish those times. I usually took the lead (you see, nani is a little shy) and showed her what to do and how to do it. She would promptly follow me. She is a quick learner for sure! We made up this game... well, actually I did. See, there is a rock in the far corner of our backyard. I made up a game - I would climb that rock and make weird faces and sing incomprehensible songs. The rule was that nani had to copy me exactly. She usually did, and even if she didn't who cared!! We had fun and that was all we cared about. Now nani has gone back to "Indie" :(( I miss her terribly even though I don't exactly know that that is what's happening to me. All I know is I feel weird and kinda cranky. I do sometimes ask about her but generally I busy myself with other things. She is back in Indie, I hear, and keeps asking about me. But so far I have refused to talk to her because I am mad at her for leaving. I suggested so many alternatives to her but she didn't listen. Every time the topic of her going back to Indie came up I helpfully told her "Roti banao" (make roti) or "neechey jao" (go downstairs - to play on the computer) - but she didn't listen to me :( Anyway - I understand. I just choose to be cranky about it.
Uh-oh!! Gotta go! The phone was ringing and mom picked it up without waiting for me to bring it to her. Gotta go throw a tantrum! Toodles!!
(Guess who? ?)
I know she stopped typing updates on me. Lazy bum!! Nothing gets done around here if I am not around to do it. That reminds me - mom and dad have been on my case recently. They just don't get it that I need to do everything by myself. Even if I can't actually do it. Like, opening a door. I haven't quite mastered the act of twisting the door knob to open the door but who wants to worry about silly details anyway?? I want to open the door myself and that is final!! Now, if you try to be helpful and open the door for me, I am NOT going to be responsible for your eardrums. OKAY? Okay!
By the way, don't you say anything about my hair - or lack thereof. Mom and dad are into things like mundan-shundan. Sigh!! I do miss my silken curly locks and that is why I used to pester nani to make my "choti". She was the only one who could get it done. Mom dad keep telling me I need longer hair for a choti but nani never made a fuss. She would strategically place a rubber band on my head and if I walked carefully, the rubber band stayed on my head and I looked really pretty. Once nani even put two rubber bands around my ears and boy, did I look pretty!!!!
Speaking of nani - she is THE BEST PLAYMATE ever!! And the best copy-catter! We played in the backyard together and I will forever cherish those times. I usually took the lead (you see, nani is a little shy) and showed her what to do and how to do it. She would promptly follow me. She is a quick learner for sure! We made up this game... well, actually I did. See, there is a rock in the far corner of our backyard. I made up a game - I would climb that rock and make weird faces and sing incomprehensible songs. The rule was that nani had to copy me exactly. She usually did, and even if she didn't who cared!! We had fun and that was all we cared about. Now nani has gone back to "Indie" :(( I miss her terribly even though I don't exactly know that that is what's happening to me. All I know is I feel weird and kinda cranky. I do sometimes ask about her but generally I busy myself with other things. She is back in Indie, I hear, and keeps asking about me. But so far I have refused to talk to her because I am mad at her for leaving. I suggested so many alternatives to her but she didn't listen. Every time the topic of her going back to Indie came up I helpfully told her "Roti banao" (make roti) or "neechey jao" (go downstairs - to play on the computer) - but she didn't listen to me :( Anyway - I understand. I just choose to be cranky about it.
Uh-oh!! Gotta go! The phone was ringing and mom picked it up without waiting for me to bring it to her. Gotta go throw a tantrum! Toodles!!
(Guess who? ?)
LOL at the little drama queen :)
ReplyDeleteWow Ceekay! You totally got into her head there. So effortlessly and convincingly..she must have taken totally after you :-)
ReplyDeleteOf course nanis are the best ... :)
ReplyDeleteNinni - you write awesomely well. more than your mommy (but don't tell her that)..I am so sad you are missing your nani? Will a mausi do until your nani comes back?
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet updates... May be you should let her do all the posts..
ReplyDeleteNow I get the reason behind your absence - Nani's visit. Hope you guys had a good time.
She is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteToo cute!
ReplyDelete