Or Point. Shut eyes TIGHT. Jab. Press. (And don't forget to breathe) That is how I take my shots. I thought that was a perfectly normal way of doing it - until someone pointed out otherwise. Seems like you are supposed to point, push (the needle in) and press (the plunger) - all very calmly and smoothly. Ha! Calm & Smooth? Me?? When I am giving myself a shot??? Dream on, honey!
Today, in a meeting, a co-worker said "Infertility is a disease, while pregnancy is not". I took serious objection to that - the first part of the sentence, not the second. Though there are people who treat pregnant women as if they had a terminal disease and needed a lot of rest & recuperation. Well I wouldn't object to a lot of rest and recuperation if I were preganant, but please don't treat me like I am made of glass, thankyou. I believe infertility is a condition which may, or may not, result from a disease (there is "idiopathic" infertility where everything seems fine but a couple still can't get pregnant). There are certain diseases which may cause infertility, but being infertile is NOT akin to being diseased. Really, people! Think before you speak.
Update: I wanted to update this the next day, but a lot has been going on. In my haste to upload this post, I failed to mention one thing. The comment was made in a meeting where differences between managed care (read insurance) for Infertility vs. Obstetrics were being discussed and someone asked "Well why is there such a lot of follow-up by nurses for infertility while there isn't any for Obstetrics". This, in fact, is true. This comment wasn't made personally to me or for me.
The person who made this comment is a good friend and since then I have told her my views on this. Also, I was on a "Menopur-Bravelle-Lupron" induced PMS. Had already warned DH NOT to contradict me in any thing I said or did. "Cee Kay is ALWAYS right" was the mantra he was supposed to chant whenever he got any urge to contradict me :D Forgot to propogate this to my friends and co-workers :P
It's amazing what kind os tupid things some people will say...
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing what kind of stupid things some people will say...
ReplyDeleteyou're absolutely right. They are all conditions. And you are fine. just don't pay heed to these people who don't know much.
ReplyDeleteGive the benefit of doubt to the person who said that. I mean what DO you say to someone struggling with infertility that doesn't sound trite other than a paltry sorry? Unless someone has been through it there is no way they can truly relate. I admire you for not giving up.
ReplyDeletehey all the best & bother nto about people who say such things (for they know not what they are saying???)
ReplyDeleteHow daft can people get- itchy has a related post today
ReplyDeleteI totally second you in saying that "I take serious objection to the first part of the sentence "Infertility is a disease ....."
ReplyDeleteHaving been through the whole drill myself, I know exactly what it entails and what it takes out of you.
All the very best to you.
Take care.
Hugs.