My silence
speaks volumes
in the calls I don't make,
conversations I don't carry,
halfhearted smiles I smile.
My silence
speaks volumes
in what I don't say,
thoughts I don't express,
feelings I hide.
My silence
speaks volumes
in tears I don't shed
(but wish I could),
memories I don't dwell in,
regrets I don't hold.
My silence
is sometimes forgotten
and I laugh, smile and even talk.
But then I go back
to my silence
because
my silence
feels so comfortable around me.
speaks volumes
in the calls I don't make,
conversations I don't carry,
halfhearted smiles I smile.
My silence
speaks volumes
in what I don't say,
thoughts I don't express,
feelings I hide.
My silence
speaks volumes
in tears I don't shed
(but wish I could),
memories I don't dwell in,
regrets I don't hold.
My silence
is sometimes forgotten
and I laugh, smile and even talk.
But then I go back
to my silence
because
my silence
feels so comfortable around me.
Sometimes silence is the only place to be in, the only way to be....
ReplyDeleteBig hugs, CeeKay.
Thank you Dipali! Hugs backatcha.
ReplyDeleteSo deep. Loved it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteFound my way back to your abode after a long time...your words feel like they may have slithered out of my soul... with your permission, may I share...
ReplyDeleteSanctum of Silence
seeking solace in silence
silence is loud
silence is easier
silence is comfy
the air is dense
with unspoken thoughts
words not uttered
reluctant to spill
when there's nothing to be said
how does one make small talk
carving words from nowhere
creating contrived sounds
don't mistake my silences
but if no happy words
why speak at all?
crawling into myself
seeking refuge
am not angry, am not sour
just that silence is soothing
silence is easy
silence is comfy
Ardra Vamshi -