Saturday, July 06, 2013

The more I feel...

the quieter I get. My blog is a testament to that. For the last year and a half, I have been caught in a whirlwind of emotions over various matters but you couldn't tell that by looking at my blog. My last post was 9 months ago. Sheesh!! Anyway. Can't do anything about it. The words just don't flow.

In the meanwhile, life has been happening. M and S have been growing up at a breakneck speed. S is going into 10th grade (gasp!) and M has long grown out of toddlerhood and is quite a young lady these days. A tomboy too. Loves to wear dresses but loves to monkey around too.95% of her waking time is spent jumping around, literally. Legos keep her occupied for hours and reading is one of her passions. I like it that her interests are so varied. Pink and purple compete with red and blue in attracting her interest. Dolls find a space right next to Lego and dinosaur sets. I like the contradiction that she is. A second-born, with the confidence of a first-born. A quick temper with a kind heart. A sense of justice with a teeny hint of selfishness. I love all of it.

And S? She keeps showing us what a special young woman she is. She has started volunteering at her music school - working as a "Practice partner" for young kids. Volleyball, orchestra, track, babysitting - she has a lot of balls in the air but she still hasn't dropped the most important of them all - academics. Got straight A's in all subjects except one - and in that she got an A minus which, I keep telling her, is good. She thinks otherwise. Can you tell I am VERY proud of her?

J and I are both back in school, doing MBAs (different universities). There's a lot on our plate but, strangely, this is the happiest we have been. Stressed but happy. I'll take that over stressed and unhappy any day.

5 comments:

  1. You four are inspirational, is what you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the Sue:) You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I am terribly sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for the praise but get your inspiration-meter checked :D

    Dipali, thanks for agreeing with The Sue :D You should get yours checked too - maybe you will get a group rate for fixing it :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just being Cee-lly :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, your comment reminded me of this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz7nJErmsbE

    I LOVE this song!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?