Tuesday, August 23, 2011

But you said...


“But you said…”

“Yes, I know. But things have changed”

“But you promised!”

“I know darling! But, you know, things are different now”

“All I know is that you PROMISED!”

“Listen, I… See. I can’t, anymore…”

“I thought you’d keep your word”

“I always do. It’s just…”

“No you don’t! You aren’t keeping it NOW!”

“You HAVE to understand. Please understand”

“I understand. But still, you promised. Wasn’t it you who taught me to 
Say what I mean and mean what I say?”

“Yes, and now I want you to
Do as I say and not as I do!”

7 comments:

  1. Aah! This could have been my son and i in convo:))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! did you hear Aadya and me talking??:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hear this from my mother a LOT of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vidya, Sue, Trish: This was a conversation I had with my mom inside my head :) But it is universally true, innit?

    Dipali: So the tables turned, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this I feel like this is just for me and my daughter. We always have these talks like you promised but kinds.. J I recently watched the
    TATA AIA ad and I so loved it.. If you are a parent, this video is a must
    watch.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd_gbV66lUI

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?