I have been feeling this urge to write a post - ANY post - but didn't have the energy to complete a couple of posts that I started because they need a deeper thought, which the current state of sleep deprivation is incapable of facilitating. So I picked up this tag from Meira's blog.
1. ) When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I know what I didn't want to be - a mom! I mean, I always assumed I would be, one day. But never "actively" looked forward to it! Until 12th grade, I wanted to become a neuro-surgeon. Something changed overnight towards the end of 12th grade and I decided to go into technology.
2.) What’s your favorite poem? (And if you don’t have one, why?)
AND
3.) Define “freedom.”
Freedom to be myself.
4.) What’s the first thing that pops into your head when you think of your father?
I miss him.
5.) Do you owe an apology to anyone? Why?
Loads and loads of people from my past. Why? Because I was an insufferable bi*** in those days. Even my mom - for putting her through various heartaches by my thoughtless words.
6.) You’ve just been given a million dollars. You are not allowed to keep it or give it to anyone you know personally. What do you do with it and why?
Give some to American Heart Association because I lost my dad to a heart attack. Maybe my money will help in some research that will save someone else's dad.
Give some to the Red Cross. Pa had the heart attack waiting for blood that matched his blood group. They did find it but maybe he could have been saved if they had found the blood earlier and he could have had his surgery sooner. I know this won't bring him back but maybe someone else will get the blood they need, in time.
Give a whole lot to Kiran's "Pavement Schools" (scroll to the end of the page). I know this violates the rule about not giving it to someone you know personally, but to heck with it! It is MY money - I will do as I please with it. I believe she is doing a world of good with this one thing. With others too, but this one I admire and respect immensely.
7.) Japanese lore suggests that if you fold 1,000 paper cranes, your wish will come true. What would your wish be, and what would you be willing to do 1,000 times to get it?
Nothing. I have everything I need. I know how to live without my wants if I can't have them or afford them. Four years ago I would have said "for another baby".
8.) If you could go back in time and meet your 16-year-old self, what three things would you tell yourself?
- Don't be too tough on yourself. It wasn't your fault.
- Be kinder with your words and actions.
- People who are criticizing you right now are like pesky ants. Ignore them. Focus on your studies. Your knowledge will carry you through life - or at least make your passage easier.
9.) Tell us about your first kiss.
Gave me a bruised lip that I had to explain away as "bumped my face into the corner of a file folder HARD" :D
10.) What are the five best bands you’ve seen play live?
Ummmm.....
11.) What’s your superpower?
I know how to communicate with my preteen daughter :)
12.) What’s your greatest fear?
Of ending up an old, lonely, bitter woman.
13.) If you could take a train journey through any part of the world, where would you go?
Home.
14.) What’s the one food you feel like you couldn't live without? What’s the one food you’d rather die than put in your mouth?
There is no food I couldn't live without. Am already living without many foods I could easily find in India but can't find here.
I don't think I can EVER eat shrimps, lobsters, crabs or the food that they serve on "Fear Factor"!
15.) What was the worst job you ever had?
None. I have enjoyed all the jobs I have held so far. Even if they were stressful.
16.) Do you think it’s ever permissible to cheat?
No. There is no excuse for cheating. You are unhappy with your current partner? Separate and then marry/start dating someone else.
17.) Do something nice for someone today. Then tell us about what you did.
Called a user back to give him a reply to a question he had asked but I had forgotten to answer during our conversation. Help-desk doesn't do that, you know! :P
18.) Perhaps you’ve played this game. Your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse lets you have one free pass — one special man or woman who is so attractive and out of reach that if circumstances allowed it, your partner would allow you to sleep with that person. Most monogamous couples feel safe with the free pass rule as it’s more theoretical than practical. Sill, if your partner gave you a free pass, would you use it? On who? (Single people can use this prompt however they please.)
No. Would never use that pass. It is equivalent to cheating in my books.
19.) How do you feel about the name given to you at birth?
LOVE it!!
20.) Tell us everything you know about the day you were born.
NOTHING happened on that particular day (in 1970). Bah!! Oh, but I do know what happened on this day this year - I turned FOR-TEE!! I am SO gonna rock this decade, yeah!!
21.) In what ways have you become ‘green’ in the past few years? Do you think that it has made a difference?
I try to minimize the water wastage when I work in the kitchen, I turn off lights in empty rooms. I think it does make a difference, even if in a very small way. I don't leave my car running when I go to drop my kids off - you won't believe how many people do that! I am helping the bumble bee and butterfly population by maintaining a vegetable garden :D I TRY to use organic fertilizers and pesticides. I also conserve energy (mine) by trying not to yell at the kids or the husband for every small thing :D THAT definitely has made a HUGE difference.
I try to minimize the water wastage when I work in the kitchen, I turn off lights in empty rooms. I think it does make a difference, even if in a very small way. I don't leave my car running when I go to drop my kids off - you won't believe how many people do that! I am helping the bumble bee and butterfly population by maintaining a vegetable garden :D I TRY to use organic fertilizers and pesticides. I also conserve energy (mine) by trying not to yell at the kids or the husband for every small thing :D THAT definitely has made a HUGE difference.
22.) What’s the first thing you notice about a man when you meet him? A woman?
Man - His behavior towards his wife if he is married, girlfriend if he isn't and has one. Towards other people around him, including those who are serving him. His parenting style if he has kids.
Woman - about the same. Her behavior towards her husband if she is married, boyfriend if she isn't and has one. Towards other people around her including the ones who are serving her. Her parenting style if she has kids.
There!! Now tell me YOUR answers. Leave me a link here and I will come visit to read your post.
Nice tag. Belated Birthday wishes for so successfully going over the hill :)
ReplyDeleteAA_Mom: Ainn???!! "Over" the hill?? Nope. I am still climbing :) Middle age, for me, will start after 50 (MAYBE) 'coz I intend to live to be at least a 102!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the birthday wishes :)
Nice to know you're forty and rocking! May you stay forever young...(Bob Dylan)
ReplyDeleteWonderful post! Best Birthday wishes! And here's a toast to hit that 102 (not out):)
ReplyDeleteRGB: Thanks :D And convey my thanks to Mr. Dylan too :P
ReplyDeleteVidya: 102, not out sounds great :D Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! enjoy your 40s :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Sands :)
ReplyDelete