Friday, June 29, 2007

The GODDESS of multi-tasking

Scene 1: Holding Baby M in my left arm, her bottle propped up against my chin, the phone sandwiched between my ear and shoulder, typing on the computer with one hand. I was troubleshooting an issue at work and was talking to the user who reported it over the phone. (Yup - they still call me sometimes when something breaks that only I can fix)

Scene 2: Holding Baby M in my left arm, her bottle propped up against my chin, shampooing S' hair with my right hand. (Why the hurry, you ask? Couldn't it wait? No - because S was being picked up by a friend's mom to go to the movies in the next 15 minutes)

I am SO good at it!!!

:D

12 comments:

  1. it only gets worse once the second one starts crawling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why the Goddesses in the Hindu pantheon have many arms!
    gg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Slow down, woman. You are giving me a complex...

    Congratulations on Baby M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great with a baby and a young kid. Congratulations on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I can't even read and write at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MadMomma: Oh, you mean the CHAOS gets worse, but one gets better at multitasking, right? :D

    Asha: Thanks.

    GGOP: **Takes a bow** :D

    Rohini: Me? Give YOU a complex? What are you talking about? If I could be as level headed as you are, my kids wouldn't need us to save money for their psychiatric treatment later in life :P

    Something to Say: Thank you, thank you!!

    NainaAshley: Thanks much!

    Lumi: Yes, we do!

    Anurag: He he he!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comes late but CONGRATULATIONS!! And baby M is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. see? never know until you try! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anumita: Thanks. Stay around - don't disappear now!

    OJ: I have actually been pretty good at multi-tasking (some call it being scatter brained because I cannot focus on just one thing :D) but this was the first time I tried it with a BABY!!!

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?