Thursday, December 21, 2006

That's ME!!

I love sharing food. If someone comments on how good my food smells/looks, I have to buy/cook it for them.

I love giving gifts. I love the expression on a person’s face when they receive a gift they weren’t expecting.

I love getting gifts. Any gift. As long as I sense it is being given with sincerity.

I cannot cry in front of people I don’t like. I think I have mentioned it before.

I can laugh and carry on a good conversation with people I don’t like. They will never know unless I decide to make it obvious – and I don’t have the heart to do that to ANYONE!

I get pissed by parents who don’t “parent” – leave their kids to run around and demolish other people’s property, let them bully/hurt other kids’ feelings knowingly and, worst of all just shrug off their kids’ tantrums/bad behavior with “What can I do? He/She doesn’t listen to me”. Well, for goodness’ sake, show them who the parent is – will ya?!!

I give advice too easily and readily. Have been working on overcoming that but I guess that is an inborn trait with all Leos :P So, if you aren’t looking for an advice, tell me so before you start your sob story :- ) I am a very good listener – so do tell me the story.

I like commercials (especially in Indian Television programming) better than serials.

I like to read murder mysteries, adventure thrillers and stories/novels about old times which reflect the lifestyle during those days. I loved reading “Gone With the Wind” for that reason. I was fascinated by the description of how girls were expected to dress and behave in those days.

I used to yell at my daughter quite often. Then I realized how scared she must feel with someone double her height (that was waaaaaaaaaaaay back when – she is a tall kid, going to overtake me in height real soon) yelling at her. I have controlled that habit very well now – I rarely yell at her (or at least so I think!)

I can’t enjoy foods I used to anymore in this pregnancy. Yesterday I took one bite out of a pizza slice and LEFT IT ON MY PLATE!!! I never thought I could do that! I used to devour the WHOLE pizza!! (I kid you not)

I can remember first names and last names with correct spellings even for the most complicated names for ALL the users I support (over 50 currently).

I CANNOT remember names of people I meet in social settings (like a party) just 10 minutes after meeting them. I guess I should assign them all user names and then I will remember them :P

I don’t hate anyone. I intensely dislike only a few people. I get along well with most.

I get truly embarrassed if someone keeps on praising me for something. I like it the first time, I get uncomfortable the second time, I ask them to change the subject the third time, I change the subject for them after that. Happened to me recently, after I spoke on behalf of Teaching Assistants of my daughter’s school at a Board of Ed meeting.

I love my daughter dearly. I sometimes worry if I will love the new baby with same intensity. Is that totally insane??

I prefer email communications over phone conversations. If you really want me to get back to you about something, guess what you shouldn’t do? Leave a voice message or write an email? :D

I work well under pressure because then I really can prioritize and get rid of the unnecessary tasks. That cuts my work in half! :D

I love receiving hand-written “Thank you” notes. I save them. (maybe because there are so few of them???)

I can sit still for long periods of time – but not completely. My fingers/toes twitch when I do that :-)

I can carry a tune, but I can’t sing. I would love to learn to sing and dance.

I want to write at least one book. And being a Leo, I want it to top the charts :D

I want to get either an MBA degree or a Ph.D.

I want to open my own “Chat Corner” when I am ready to retire from IT. I have been told it will be very successful. I already have a client base drooling over the possibility :-)

If I eat something at a friend’s place that has been terribly cooked, I want to grab them and show them how it should be done – that “leo” in me again! In the least, I want to cook it at home as soon as possible so I can really enjoy it. But I NEVER say I didn’t like it to the person who cooked it (I might keep mum and not say ANYTHING) – the thought of all the effort he/she must have put in it makes me keep my mouth shut.

I can’t give false praise.

I used to love my husband a lot.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I STILL love him – "LOTTER". Gotcha with that one!!

11 comments:

  1. Cute :)
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty and your choice of the topic.Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! and congrats on ur pregnancy! liked this post too - was quite cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved ur list. many things in common with me may be becoz i am a leo too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if we do ever meet, I shall make sure to never cook for you. I am the world's worst cook...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post...I think you are my long lost sister sometimes lol. Glad you are enjoying the pregnancy and hope your holidays were merry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my daughter dearly. I sometimes worry if I will love the new baby with same intensity. Is that totally insane??

    Nope. I was...disinterested in my second pregnancy. I didn't have the time for all that pregnancy navel gazing; I already had a child on the go, so the one that wasn't here yet was just sort of like luggage to me.

    Once the Zen Baby arrived, I loved her completely, but I also missed Diva Girl desperately. It's a strange sort of loneliness, going from one child to two. Sometimes I still miss the insular little world Diva Girl and I had together, but I love The Zen Baby just as fiercely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i often wonder if i will love baby # 2 as much too.. am sure we will.. thats what mommy love does.. it just stretches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog hopped here form itching to write's blog and what I nice introduction I go to you as well.
    Hello and will be back

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry friends! I usually reply to all the comments before I post a new entry but yesterday i was just so consumed with what had been going on, I didn't remember until after. But reply I will, because I really appreciate the fact that all of you took the time to write something to me.

    M, Hip GMom, Art, Something to say, Orchid: Thanks for dropping by. I am a regular visitor to your blogs too - infact this is my daily morning-routine. Get to work, get a cup of tea, catch up with the blog world and then start my work.
    Itchingtowriite: I think if you have even an iota of "leo" in you - you turn out this way :) Glad to meet you "fellow Leo"!
    Rohini: I am sure we will find so many other things to talk about. Who needs to spend time in the kitchen when good company is around? Order take-out, plop yourself down on a couch with your friend and chat away!
    Lumi: Strange! I had similar thoughts upon reading some of your posts :) Specially the recent ones. The only difference is YOU are the sensible and mature one!
    Kimberly, MadMomma: Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one having these thoughts. Sometimes I feel like I will be betraying my daughter if I love this baby too much. I'm telling you - its these hormones :)

    ReplyDelete

And you were sayin'....?

What do you do with the leftover milk in your cereal bowl once the cereal is finished?

If you had a top that was too short to cover both - your cleavage and your midriff - what would you do?